- Chemical Physical plants - series SEDFLOC
- Sedimentation Treatment plants "by batch" - series WE
- Filtering plants - series FC, FQC, FR
- Demineralization plants - series DWE
- Oil-Water Separating plants - series DS
- Vacuum Concentrators plants - series WEVAP
- Flotation plants - series SKIMMERFLOT
- Sludge Treatment plants - series DRENA
- Product Dosing systems
- Membrane Demineralization plants - Osmosis plants - series WO
Demineralization plants - series DWE
Demineralisation is a chemical-physical treatment process of water intended for the elimination, in whole or in part, of dissolved salts. It can be achieved in two different ways: either by using ion exchange resins or by reverse osmosis.
Water Energy reverse osmosis systems, of the series WO, are based on the phenomenon that occurs when to the surface of a semi-permeable membrane, which separates two solutions with different concentration, is applied a pressure difference versus and higher than osmotic pressure, so that the solvent flow occurs from the more concentrated to the more diluted solution. Reverse osmosis is one of the technologies used to desalinate sea water.
Water Energy ion exchange systems, of the series DWE, use ion-exchange resins to remove the dissolved ions. The process is based on the ability of these resins to bind and accumulate the ions contained in highly diluted aqueous solutions. The ion exchange process is particularly suitable for the treatment of dilute solutions of metal salts.
Demineralisers designed and manufactured by Water Energy are applied in the field of water treatment from galvanic industrial processes, surface treatment, metal processing and transformation, and mainly in the industrial coating industry.
Demineralisers are used for the production of deionized water with a conductivity of less than 20 μS/cm in closed cycles (recirculating) up to 1 μS, starting from washing waters derived from metals treatment plants or aqueduct’s water.
The use of recycled water results in considerable water and chemicals savings thanks to extremely high cyclic yield.
Water Energy can provide its customers with a wide range of technical solutions and specific resins for each type of water to be treated according to industrial requirements: strong cationic resin systems, weak cationic resin systems, strong anionic resin systems, weak anionic resin systems, regenerable anion resin systems, mixed bed systems, systems with selective resin for metal treatment. Upstream of the resin section, Water Energy systems can be equipped with activated carbon filtration units for the adsorption of organic pollutants.
Depending on the needs, the systems can be made on AISI 304 stainless steel SKID with modular or pre-assembled elements to ensure easy handling and site placement.
Each system can be supplied with:
- utilities PLC control panel or dedicated control unit to regulate the multiway valves during production or regeneration phases;
- pressurization pump of the system;
- inlet pre-filter, 25-50 µm, depending on the needs;
- flowmeter to control the inlet flow;
- flowmeters to control the load of chemicals adsorption for resins regeneration;
- stainless support for the columns;
- regulation valve;
- valves for the absorption of acid and soda for the resins’ regeneration;
- valves for resins’ regeneration;
- flow-control device (of the inflow and absorption quantities);
- µS current flow gauge with probe.
Each plant is tested and start up before delivery to be able to give a product ready to use.