- Chemical Physical plants - series SEDFLOC
- Sedimentation Treatment plants "by batch" - series WE
- Filtering plants - series FC, FQC, FR
- Demineralization plants - series DWE
- Oil-Water Separating plants - series DS
- Vacuum Concentrators plants - series WEVAP
- Flotation plants - series SKIMMERFLOT
- Sludge Treatment plants - series DRENA
- Product Dosing systems
- Membrane Demineralization plants - Osmosis plants - series WO
Reverse osmosis systems WO series and ion exchange systems DWE series
Demineralisation is the chemical-physical treatment process of water to eliminate, in whole or in part, dissolved salts. It can be achieved in two different ways: either by using ion exchange resins or by reverse osmosis.
Demineralisers are used for the production of deionized water with a conductivity of less than 20 μS/cm in closed cycles (recirculating) up to 1 μS, starting from washing waters derived from metal treatment plants or aqueduct water.
The use of recycled water results in significant water and chemicals savings thanks to extremely high cyclic yield.
Reverse osmosis systems WO series
Water Energy reverse osmosis systems, WO series, are based on the phenomenon that occurs when a pressure difference contrary and higher than osmotic pressure is applied to the surface of a semi-permeable membrane, which separates two solutions with a different concentration. This way, the solvent flow occurs from the more concentrated to the more diluted solution. Reverse osmosis is one of the technologies used to desalinate sea water.
Ion exchange systems DWE series
Water Energy ion exchange systems, DWE series, use ion-exchange resins to remove the dissolved ions. The process is based on the ability of these resins to bind and accumulate the ions contained in highly diluted aqueous solutions. The ion exchange process is particularly suitable for the treatment of dilute solutions of metal salts.
In addition to the reverse osmosis and ion exchange systems, Water Energy can also provide its customers with a wide range of specific resins for each type of water to be treated, according to industrial requirements:
- strong cationic resin systems,
- weak cationic resin systems,
- strong anionic resin systems,
- weak anionic resin systems,
- regenerable anion resin systems,
- mixed bed systems,
- systems with selective resin for metal treatment.
Water Energy systems can be equipped also with activated carbon filtration units for the adsorption of organic pollutants. Depending on the needs, the systems can be made on AISI 304 stainless steel SKIDS with modular or pre-assembled elements to ensure easy handling and site placement.
Each system can be supplied with:
- PLC control panel or dedicated control unit to regulate the multiway valves during production or regeneration phases;
- system pressurization pump;
- inlet pre-filter, 25-50 µm, depending on the needs;
- flowmeter to control the inlet flow;
- flowmeters to control the load of chemicals adsorption for resins regeneration;
- valves for the absorption of acid and soda for resins regeneration;
- predisposition for operation in DUPLEX mode.
Each plant is tested and started up before delivery so as to provide a ready-to-use system.
Fields of application
The systems designed and built by Water Energy find application in water treatment deriving from industrial galvanic processes, surface treatment, metal processing and transformation and mainly in the industrial coating sector.